Sunday, July 24, 2011

You know you need a vacation when....

you start dreaming about work....

A couple days ago I must have dreamt about work because I came into work one morning CONVINCED that register one was out of receipt paper. But guess what. It wasn't out of receipt paper. I could have sworn it was out though! I felt like a crazy person and the girl I was training probably thinks I'm NUTS.

Last night I closed the store. We had a floorset today so that meant that there was a lot that needed to be done last night in preparation for today. So before we closed we needed to have big girl and baby boy moved and ready for floorset. I'm still training the new girl and needing to pay attention to customers. We are also over on hours so instead of staying till 10pm to get everything done, we need to get it all done before 9:30pm. Oh and have everything faxed to my district manager. Don't worry we're like freaking amazing and got it all done by 9:30. ANYWAY so this is what I had to deal with at work, so I come home sooo ready to go to bed. So while I'm sleeping I have this nightmare:
I'm closing the store with a girl I don't even know. I know that she's new or something but I'd never worked with her so I have no idea if she knows how to do anything. Not only that but I have all the same things to do that I actually had to do during the shift I just had (but this is my dream) and so I have a ton of stuff to do which hadn't even been done yet and I look at the clock and it's like, 9pm so I need to close to the store. But I can't close because there are like a million people in my store! So it's super crazy busy and people aren't even like making big purchases...they are returning crap and like not buying anything. So I'm not making any money but having to deal with all these returns and exchanges. Meanwhile I have no idea what my girl is doing or where she is but I can't figure it out because I have all these people I need to help. I look at the clock again and its past 10pm! Holy freak!
I don't even know how the nightmare ended because I woke myself up because I thought I had slept past my alarm but it was really only 7am and I didn't have to be up until 8:20. Oh my gosh.

I SOOO need a vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment