Friday, October 5, 2012

Cameron&Rach:Season1:Episode2:Come Fly With Me

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away 
If you can use some exotic booze 
There's a bar [or two] in [Las Vegas]
Come on and fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away 

Come fly with me, let's float [back] down to [Sacramento]
In [our home city] there's a one [wonderfully comfortable bed]
And [you'll sleep such sweet, sweet sleeps]
Come on fly with me, let's take off in the blue 

Once I get you up there where the air is rarified 
We'll just glide, starry-eyed 
Once I get you up there I'll be holding you so near 
You may hear all the angels cheer 'cause we're together 

Weather-wise it's such [an incredibly hot] day 
Just say the words and we'll beat the birds 
Down to [Phoenix, AZ]
It's perfect for a flying [business trip], they say 
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away

Weather-wise it's such a cool cool day 
You just say those words and we'll beat the birds 
[Back] down to [Sacramento
It's so perfect for a [returning flight home], oh babe 
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly 
Pack up, let's [not] fly away [for a really long time]!! 

During the month of August, we spent lots of time flying. First to Las Vegas for a HUGE toy fair (for Cameron's work).
 I had never been to Vegas before so it was definitely an adventure as well as a business trip!




We got to see Cirque du Soleil
 and my FAVORITE part, was seeing Phantom of the Opera! 
Oh my gosh is was INCREDIBLE!
I cried.
(That's saying something.)

I can't seem to figure out why people would spend VACATION time in Las Vegas. 
For one, it is HOTTER THAN HELL.
Everything is BEYOND EXPENSIVE.
The people working in customer service are RUDE.
But, on the upside I did kind of feel like I was in Europe again.
Oh, maybe that's because there were so many people SMOKING!

I did enjoy the Fountains at Bellagio. I made Cameron sit through like three of the water shows. It was so beautiful!
Also, I did get to speak a little bit of German. :)

After five days in Vegas we flew back home to Sacramento. 
And exactly a week later we were on a plane heading to Arizona for yet another business trip for Cameron.

Arizona was a LOT more relaxing. We spent lots of time with Cameron's aunt, uncle, and cousins. (I got a pedicure!) And we also spent some time with my aunt, uncle, and cousins!
And a few days later we were back at home.

All this traveling has made me INCREDIBLY grateful for the following:
1. air conditioning
2. huge bath tubs and swimming pools 
3. MY BED
4. my husband's business partners who let me go on these trips with him so I didn't have to be home alone!
5. my husband - i'm not an easy person to travel with!
6. airports - for having free Wi-Fi - allowing us to watch episodes of Psych before each flight 

Now to enjoy the few months we have before we're flying again!

1 comment: