Thursday, September 15, 2011

One Year

One year ago today I started working at Crazy 8. I seriously can't believe that it's been a year already. It still kind of feels like my 'new job'.
Let's do a flash back shall we??
I started working for Crazy 8 because things were not going well at American Eagle. I had been working at AE for over a year and a half. I had worked at 3 different AE stores and had 4 (going on 5) different store managers. I had just spent that summer helping the assistant managers run the store without a store manager and instead of pulling up someone from the store (...like me...) to be an assistant, they hired someone outside the company. I was sick of having to prove myself over and over again to every new store manager.
So I kind of started looking around for another job. I was praying and trying to figure out what I should do. And then one day I was heading out of work and a woman walked in. I asked her if I could help her. She said yes, she was looking for a sales lead (lower manager). I said, "you're looking for me." Yes she was. Within a week I had my job as a sales lead at Crazy 8.
During this past year at Crazy 8 I've been pulled up as temporary assistant manager (because our assistant went on maternity leave for 3 months) and I've been hand picked by my district manager to be head sales lead on a 4 month corporate project.
I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be apart of this corporate project. I'm so flattered that my district manager picked me. She told me that the second she found out about this project she said, "I want Rachel on this." This is such an amazing opportunity to build a new brand and to be apart of something so new. Corporate will have their eyes on this project and I can't wait to show them what I'm made of!
Of course any chance I had for a social life was shot the second I said yes to this project...I'll still be assistant manager/sales lead at Crazy 8 while being head sales lead at this new store...plus I still do special projects for AE...AND I'm going to school almost full time...
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

4 comments:

  1. so...what you are saying is .... i am never going to see you again?

    congrats babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats not true Alisha! I saw you on campus this morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that Crazy 8 sees how AMAZING you are!!!!!!! You can do this! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do hard things because you served a mission in Germany! You know hard!!!

    ReplyDelete