Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lots of good things will happen...

I cannot for the life of me figure out what's wrong.
I used to love to blog.
I always had stories for my blog.
Now I hardly blog.
Now I have no stories.
What happened?!

For some strange reason I'm feeling creative - like blog creative. Like, I all of the sudden have tons of things I want to blog about.
I should write them down.
Now I don't know what I want to write about first.

Let's start with the new year shall we?
New Year's Resolutions.
I have some.
I won't bore you with all of my goals for the new year but I will share a few. And these are ones that I can update you on my progress:
- read a book every month (not school or church related)
- go home 3 times
- no pop
- no fast food
So far, it's going pretty dang good.
I'm almost done with my book for January. I'll let you know when I'm finished.
I've already booked a flight home for the end of April - beginning May :D one whole week at home. I can hardly wait!
I've also had no pop or fast food since December 31, 2010. The drinking no pop thing really isn't a struggle. But I was worried about the whole no fast food thing. I work at the mall and it's just so easy to grab some food from the food court during my lunches. This goal requires me to think and plan ahead so that I bring food with me to work. So far it's been a lot easier than I thought it would be. AND - I hardly crave sugar. I do a little but not like I used to. This is helping me feel wonderfully free!

Also, I have three theme-ish songs for this year (don't laugh):
- Singing in the Rain
"I'm singing in the rain. Just singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling! I'm happy again! I'm laughing at clouds so dark up above. I'm singing, singing in the rain!"
This song reminds me to be happy even though it may be 'raining' in my life. My favorite part is "I'm laughing at clouds so dark up above." Even though life can be dark and rainy, it's okay to sing, laugh, and just be happy!
- Taking Chances
"What do you say to taking chances? What do you say to jumping off the edge? Never knowing if there's solid ground below, or a hand to hold, or hell to pay. What do you say?"
This song gives me the desire to take chances. This song screams to me: Live your life! Take risks! No regrets!
- I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus
"I'm trying to be like Jesus. I'm following in His way. I'm trying to love as He did in all that I do and say...Love one another as Jesus loves you. Try to show kindness in all that you do. Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought. For these are the things Jesus taught."
This song reminds me to be more like my Savior. I'm not as good as I'd like to be at thinking about the Savior throughout the day and not just when I say my morning prayers or when I read my scriptures at night. I should be thinking about Him constantly and try to be more like Him.

I'm feeling very optimistic about this new year. I think lots of good things will happen!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite new year's resolution that you made: go home 3 times this year! YES!!! Gotta love that one!!!

    ReplyDelete