Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Heavenly Father loves me

(Throughout this post you will see this: MHFLM - which stands for My Heavenly Father loves me. Today is just one of those days where I feel like Heavenly Father is really there for me)

Late last night, after having worked for over 10 hours, I set my alarm for 7AM - this is crucial because I must be to work at 8:30. At the time I set my alarm I am thinking to myself: Rach you're so smart setting your alarm now because you might forget to set it before you go to bed.

I'm so smart guys.

I forgot to turn my alarm ON.

I haven't slept much at all the past couple days plus I had just worked 10 1/2 hours AND went to bed late. I'm surprised that I didn't completely crash and sleep forever. I woke up at 8 [MHFLM] and realized I had to be to work in 30 minutes. Oops. Don't worry, I was only 20 minutes late to work.

Tomorrow we are to be visited by important people from corporate. Under normal conditions - like me not running late - I would be stressed beyond all reason. That was me yesterday during my whole shift: stressed beyond all reason. Looking back at this morning, running late and knowing how every minute at work is precious time to prepare for the corporate visit, I'm surprised yet again that I wasn't freaking out. I was calm [MHFLM]. That isn't normal.

As I turned my car on this morning to drive to work, I turned my lights on so I could see while I drove out of the parking garage. As my mind was running through everything that needed to get done today and the fact that I had completely forgotten to actually turn my alarm on after I had set it, I forgot to turn my lights off. So when I turned my car off and quickly walked into the mall, my lights where still on. Six or so hours later when my shift ended I walked back to my car and turned it on. It started without a problem [MHFLM]. I THEN noticed that my lights had been on the whole time I was at work. What a blessing that my battery wasn't drained.

Right now I'm sitting on my couch with the sliding door open: it's pouring down rain :D and there's thunder and lightening. My roommate is cooking me bacon (I think the only reason she's doing that is so she can avoid her homework a little longer. I'm not complaining). And she's letting me finish off her icecream. I'm going back into work to help them close in a few hours so I can let my OCD run wild and make the store look perfect. And tomorrow is my day off.

My Heavenly Father loves me

3 comments:

  1. Your mommy loves you too. <3 (Bacon & ice cream???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are tender mercies and yes, He loves you! I love you too - the most! And about the bacon and eggs.........? Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE bacon - what can i say?!

    ReplyDelete