Monday, May 3, 2010

Being productive...

I can't believe I'm doing this. Starting a blog...
My roommate Angela says "well everyone else is doing it"
True, I did get the idea from reading Keri's blog. But Keri is hilarious. I'm kind of worried that my blog will be lame or boring - which is why I've delayed starting one.
Why am I starting one now?? Because I don't have to be back to work for 2 more hours and I know I shouldn't just sit here on the couch watching my show. I should be productive. So instead of wasting my time sitting on the couch watching TV, I'm sitting on the couch starting a blog.

I should probably introduce myself....
I'm Rach.
I live my life at American Eagle. (no joke, I opened the store this morning and I'm going back to help close...obsessed? Well, I just like to think that I'm a loyal and dedicated employee)
I have the best family in the world - a dad and a mom, 3 younger brothers, and a dog
I spent 18 months of my life serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in the Frankfurt, Germany Mission - learned to speak the hardest (but also the most wonderful) language ever - lived in the most beautiful cities (at one point I lived 10 minutes down the hill from a castle) - and met the most amazing people (some of whom have become my best friends) [for my adventures in Germany go to: www.missionaryracheldoty.blogspot.com]
I miss everything about Germany - so much that pretty much all the music on my ipod is in German, I only read my scriptures in German, and I live with sisters from my mission.

This is me living my life - WELCOME!

9 comments:

  1. I love your picture. Took me a second to realize how great it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! You just changed it. I like the one with you and the brick crown better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just for you Jennifer...i changed the picture back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you started a blog! Can't wait to read more about what you are up to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha you can't get more boring than our blog so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you started a blog so I can keep checking up on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lived 10 minutes under a castle???

    ReplyDelete
  8. no worries - i fixed it! it now says that i lived 10 min down the hill from a castle...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pictures! Pictures! We need pictures of your life! This blog reminds me of your mission blog. The best thing is now I can talk to you and hear your sweet princess voice.

    ReplyDelete