Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yummies Custard, the tip, and the week of black

On my way back to my store towards the end of my lunch break I walked pass Yummies Frozen Custard. The nice, smiley, old man who works there leaned out from the counter and said, "would you like a sample?" "No thanks!" I sweetly replied. And then his smile changed and he glared at me. I was totally surprised! I'm sorry I'm lactose intolerant but I don't want your custard sample old man!

After my lunch break this couple walked in and came over to me holding a piece of paper. The man said that this was a list of stuff they wanted and wondered if I could help them find it all. The list had like 10 items on it and all that was written was the style number and color. So I looked up each item in the computer to find out what it actually was and then helped them find what they wanted. They were so nice and kept saying that they should send me flowers or something for helping them out. Well, it's kind of my job to help them. Plus, I like helping people find clothes! I wish every customer came in with a list of stuff they wanted and I could just run around the store all day finding it all. Anyway as I rang up their purchase the man tried to give me a tip. I'm not gonna lie, I SO wish I could have taken it. But it's totally not allowed. Bummer.

The week of black started on Monday. We found out that it was my district manager's last day because he was quiting. He had been our district manager for about 8 years and so everyone in the district was really upset about it. The phone was ringing off the hook, everyone calling everyone talking about how our DM had quit and why, etc. We decided to wear black the next day as a symbol of our mourning the loss of our DM. Well today as I was coming into work my store manager got a call from her family saying that they were pretty sure her father was dying. So we told her to leave and be with her father and that we'd take care of the store. Sure enough, a couple hours later she called saying that her father had passed away. Looks like we're wearing black again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment