Saturday, May 8, 2010

Plant Killer

Mom came to visit last weekend and to express her gratitude for letting her stay at our apartment, she bought us flowers. Not like a bouquet of flowers, but an actual flower plant. I don't do well with plants. Children and pets I can keep alive but I can't seem to handle plants. Strange I know, because all you have to do with plants is water them or something along those lines. But I always seem to water them too often or too much at one time. So I had to ask my mom for specific instructions: how often do I water the plant? She said: whenever it starts to feel dry. Ok, I can handle that. I should have known that I would do something stupid...
Don't judge me people.
I paid attention in science when we learned that plants need water AND sunlight to grow. So on Sunday when the sun was shinning into our apartment, I placed our flower plant right in the sun so it could grow...

But it didn't grow - it died! I'm a plant killer!!

My roommate informed me though, that you aren't suppose to put plants in direct sunlight. What the heck?! That goes against everything I learned in science! However, I decided to take her advice and I put in the plant in the kitchen where it wouldn't get so much sunlight. I watered it (not too much) and let it sit in the kitchen...and then I waited....

and look! It lives!!! I can bring plants back to life!
(well...we'll see how long it lasts...)

2 comments: