Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day - so naturally I spent most of the day thinking of my two best friends: Mom and Gramma.

Gramma is the youngest in her family with 3 older brothers. Her daughter (my mom), is the oldest with 3 younger brothers. I am the oldest with 3 younger brothers. The three of us know what it's like to be the only girl - this has created a special bond between us.
Words cannot adequately express how much I love my mom and my gramma. They are my bestest friends in the whole wide world. They have never left my side and have helped me through every hard and difficult thing I've experienced in my life. They are the ones I want to call whenever something goes wrong or when something exciting happens. Being with them is one of the things I miss most about being home. Their hugs are my favorite.
So for Mother's Day I've been making a list of memories I have or things I have learned from Mom and Gramma:
- "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."(Prov. 3:5-6)
- people are stupid but God still loves them
- the A&E, 6 hour verson of Pride and Prejudice is the greatest movie of all time
- Cheesecake Factory for birthdays
- shopping: Nordstrom, The Rack, Marshalls, TJMaxx
- quilts, sewing
- the Temple
- What Not to Wear
- "You're my favorite." (although lately it's been turning into "you're my first favorite"...little cousins, we're going to have to talk about this later)
- vacationing in Hawaii

- "You can do hard things my dear Rachel who I love so much."
- hugs
- yard work, plants, rocks
- popcorn cake at Christmas time
- chocolate
- patience
- mentos are vital to surviving sacrament meeting
- "Practically perfect in every way."
- LOVE

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM AND GRAMMA
I love you...
yours eternally,
your (only) favorite little Miss Muffett,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. "Somewhere in my youth or childhood I must have done something good" and the reward was you! I give thanks daily for the many ways you bless my life. Hugs and kisses, sweetie.
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my sweet girl. Not sure what I ever did to deserve you... but I'm so thankful you're mine! I love you so much!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete